Marble Pavilion At Charing Cross

It was a garden (now stands Punjab Assembly Hall), where this famous Canopy was laid out, a master piece of Bhai Ram Singh. 

Until 1951 this white marble Canopy displayed a bronze statue of Queen Victoria that facing to the Queens Road. Statue was cast in London in 1900 by B Mackennal, just a year before the Queen`s death in 1901.

The whole area was Lahore's earliest elite locality "Donald Town" which was named after Donald McLeod, who was later to become the lieutenant governor of the Punjab (1865–70), and after whom, people even today, call McLeod Road.

Leave a Comment

Search

Recent Places

Jado Ghar / Magic House / Freemason's Hall

Jado Ghar / Magic House / Freemason's Hall

Jado Ghar / Magic House / Freemason's Hall, Charing Cross...

Hindustan Commercial Bank Building

Hindustan Commercial Bank Building

Hindustan Commercial Bank Est 1805, Gobind Ram Building -...

Gurdwara Guru Mangat - Lahore

Gurdwara Guru Mangat - Lahore

Gurdwara Guru Mangat #Lahore c. 1940s Once this gurdwara...

Photo Stream

  • Samadhi Of Ranjit Singh
  • Ahmad Nadeem Qasmi
  • Sunehri Masjid, Kashmiri Bazar, Rang Mahal, Walled City Lahore C. 1920s
  • Sikh National College - Lahore 1938-47
  • Lahore Illuminated To Celebrate Eid Milad-Un-Nabi
  • 1419425132-718.Jpg
  • 1423728951-597.Jpg
  • Lahore Memories - Student Days Visit To Lahore - 1967-70

Recent Blogs

A 1930s Rare Video Of Lahore

A 1930s Rare Video Of Lahore

Watch A 1930s Rare Video of Lahore

Rare Color Footage Of Quaid-E-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah Visiting Lahore

Rare Color Footage Of Quaid-E-Azam Muhammad Ali...

A 1948 Rare Footage of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah a...

Alif Laila Book Bus - A Mobile Library In Lahore

Alif Laila Book Bus - A Mobile Library In Lahore

Alif Laila Book Bus - A Mobile Library in Lahore To enco...